Futures Day at Farnborough International Airshow 2014 has been designed to give groups of young people aged 11 – 21 a chance to see the exciting career opportunities available in the dynamic sectors of Aerospace and Defence. Groups from schools, universities and youth associations can experience the exciting prospects available and motivate them in their study of STEM subjects.
The interactive, informative and engaging programme enables them to see first-hand the variety, innovation and expertise that makes a career in these key sectors so rewarding.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM FUTURES DAY?
Futures Day is aimed at 11-21 year olds from UK schools, universities and youth groups who may be studying or wanting to study STEM subjects. The intention is to motivate their studies by demonstrating the dynamic and varied career opportunities available.
INTERACTIVE, INSPIRING AND ENGAGING
- Witness a five-hour flying spectacular and static display of over 150 aircraft
- See first-hand the unique and exciting career opportunities the industry has to offer
- Meet experts and gain invaluable career advice
- Discover cutting-edge technology in the Innovation Zone
- Gain a deeper understanding at mini-conferences and industry talks
- Engage in activity trails designed to test and enthuse
- Visit the Autonomous Systems Zone to see how remote technology will change how we live
- Experience first-hand the career opportunities the aerospace industry has to offer
- Enjoy the International Rocketry Challenge with schools competing from the USA, UK and France
- Participate in an on-going programme of activities designed to encourage excitement around STEM subject